About USA Dance
We are organized and operate exclusively for charitable and educational purposes and are approved by the Internal Revenue Service as a Section 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. USA Dance is a Virginia Corporation and is registered with the State Division of Consumer Affairs, Commonwealth of Virginia, PO Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23209, Telephone (804) 786-2042, as a charitable organization authorized to solicit and receive donations from the public.
Our mission is to improve the quality and the quantity of ballroom dancing in the United States.
In furtherance of its educational and charitable purposes and goals, USA Dance:
- Serves as the National Governing Body for DanceSport, the competitive version of ballroom dancing, in the United States subject to the statutes of: a) the World DanceSport Federation (WDSF); b) the United States Olympic Committee (USOC); and c) the Amateur Sports Act of the United States Congress;
- Organizes and supports programs for the recreational enjoyment of ballroom dancing by all ages and creates affordable opportunities for the general public to participate in ballroom dancing and DanceSport;
- Promotes DanceSport as a sport both nationally and internationally and fosters its inclusion in the Olympic and Pan American Games;
- Organizes and supports DanceSport events internationally and nationally, including national, regional and local championships;
- Selects the DanceSport Athletes to represent the United States in the WDSF World DanceSport Championships and the World Games and helps to finance their participation;
- Promotes and supports ballroom dance programs in colleges and secondary schools;
- Applies special programs to attract beginners to ballroom dancing and to both encourage and assist these dancers in meeting their goals;
- Emphasizes to the public the healthful aspects of ballroom dancing; its physical, mental and social benefits;
- Organizes and supports programs to increase the number of dancers and to assist in the elevation of dancing skills for both competitors and recreational social dancers.
Since our inception in 1965 we have grown to about 150 chapters. There are chapters in every state of the Union and we have over 12,000 members ranging in age from 7 to 100.
We focus on educational programs for the public about the healthful aspects of recreational and competitive ballroom dancing. These programs emphasize the physical, mental, and social benefits of dancing, and include the expansion of dancing skills among those of all ages and capabilities.
USA Dance is a nationwide nonprofit corporation of thousands of volunteers who love ballroom dancing and appreciate the excitement and romance – as well as the social and health benefits – that ballroom dancing brings into their lives.
- 149 chapters nationwide
- 12,000 members
- 1,000 youths (under 18)
Some Charities we work with:
- Dancing for the Cure
- Wounded Warriors
- Various Food Banks across the country
- Association of Retarded Citizens
- American Cancer Society
- Alzheimer's Assoc
- American Heart Assoc.
- St. Jude
- Toys for Tots
Each year, USA Dance organizes and runs over 30 national, regional and local dance competitions. These competitions are organized on the local level by our chapters, the regional level by experienced competition organizers, and on the National level by the National Organizing Committee of USA Dance.
National champions are selected and USA Dance then helps to finance their participation in the WDSF World DanceSport Championships and World Games – which are held for Olympic-recognized sports that are not yet in the Olympic Program.
At grass roots level in communities, colleges and secondary schools all over the country, USA Dance provides opportunities for the public to engage in affordable competitive dancing. Beginners are welcomed; our thousand some volunteers will help get them started and then assist them in achieving their goals.
USA Dance is using sponsorship as a major source of funding for the promotion of competitive ballroom dancing internationally. Building and strengthening your organization's brand through effective visibility is one of the key essentials to sponsoring our event.
Sponsorship will serve the interest of these constituent groups:
- The business interest of the sponsoring company
- The event, its participants, and the USA Dance membership
- The sponsor's direct consumers
USA Dance marketing committee is committed to identifying and securing branding opportunities for sponsors to expand their business into the dance community. Through skillful use of brand positioning, USA Dance will help to open up new markets and maximize media exposure for your products and services.
Sponsorship goals include:
- Maximizing your company's brand awareness
- Increasing brand loyalty
- Reaching new potential customers
- Introducing new products or services