This year the USA Dance 2018 National DanceSport Championships will be returning to the Marriott Rennaissance Harborplace Hotel located in the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. For the last ten years our block of rooms has sold out, and we fully expect to do the same this year, so we suggest that you reserve your rooms early.
The hotel has been kind enough to extend a very special rate of US$215.00 (plus taxes) per night for a single or double standard room and US$235.00 (plus taxes) for a triple or quad room. Ends March 23rd!
The hotel is across the street from many restaurants, shops, and the Baltimore Aquarium. The hotel is less than an hour and a half from Washington DC, and is an ideal place to combine great dancing with a fabulous family vacation.
Please do not call the hotel directly to reserve a room. In order to reserve a room under our code with our discount you will need to either:
1. Call: 1-877-212-5752 to reach the hotel's Passkey reservations center at the Marriott Renaissance Harborplace Hotel
2. To register on-line please click here: Hotel Reservation
Online and phone reservations will be accepted until our cut off date of March 23, 2018. A dedicated booking website has been created for our event through the hotel's Passkey reservation system so that you will be able to make, modify and cancel your hotel reservations online, as well as take advantage of any room upgrades, amenities or other services offered by the hotel.
After March 23, 2018, any remaining unreserved rooms will be released and additional rooms will be accepted on a space and rate available basis. For the last few years, there were no additional rooms available after the cut-off date, as we had sold out our block four times prior to the cut-off date. So please make your reservation early.
All cancellations of rooms MUST be done 4 weeks in advance of the event, by March 6, 2018. If the room is cancelled after March 6, 2018, the hotel will charge your credit card one night's stay plus tax.
Guest Reservation Information:
- A credit card will be required in order to make a reservation. The reservations will be guaranteed to this credit card for arrival on the requested day and will be held until midnight of arrival day and then released and charged one night's room and tax as a "no show" fee. Reservations canceled after March 6, 2018, will be charged for one night.
- Please be advised that the hotel may require, upon check-in, a credit card imprint which will authorize and hold $50/night for incidentals in addition to room and tax (or this amount in cash/debit deposit).
- If any of your charges are to be paid by a third-party credit card which will not be present at time of check-in, a credit card authorization form can be obtained to set this up.
- The hotel is non-smoking.
Baltimore Thurgood Marshall Airport – BWI
Hotel does not provide shuttle service.
- Ground Transportation from the Airport
SuperShuttle; fee: One way per person US$16 online or US$22 by phone; Round Trip per person US$34 online or US$40 by phone, per person; Reservation required or call: 1 800-BLUE-VAN (258-3826)
On Site Self Parking: US$33 daily
Valet parking, fee: US$43 daily
I. SPORTSMANLIKE BEHAVIOUR
Persons attending this DanceSport event, whether as spectators or as competitors, are bound by USA Dance rules. Participants of this event are obligated to adhere to these rules and may be asked to leave the ballroom and the competition at the discretion of the organizer if caught not obeying these rules. This includes the rules of good sportsmanship, and any competitor, coach, family member or spectator who is asked to leave the competition because of poor behavior WILL NOT receive a refund for their tickets or entries.
- No food or drink may be brought onto the dance floor.
- NO DANCE AIDS such as soap flakes or dance wax may be placed on the dance floor, and no water or soda may be put on the floor/carpet by the on-deck area or any other area of the ballroom.
- There is no smoking allowed in any portion of this hotel.
- The organizer, USA Dance, is not responsible for the loss or theft of personal property left in the changing rooms, event facilities, or hotel rooms.
- Furthermore, the organizers cannot be held liable for injury sustained by persons attending this event.
- All participants attending this event do so at their own risk.
- All events will be run in accordance with USA DanceSport rules.
- Competitors must be competitive members of USA Dance and in good standing. Competitors must be prepared to show proof of their current membership upon request.
- Competitors agree to be bound by USA DanceSport rules.
II. PHOTOGRAPHY/VIDEOGRAPHY GUIDELINES
Spectator photography and videotaping are allowed at this event.
ONLY video/camera operators with a VISIBLY-DISPAYED SPECIAL PERMIT issued by USA Dance Inc., may position cameras or be positioned on or along the dance floors or aisles, or in any location that could obstruct the audience's line of sight.
- Unipods, bipods, and tripods may only be used in the USA Dance-designated area for photography;they are not to be used at one's seat.
- In order not to obstruct one's neighbor's view, only 6″ or smaller lenses will be allowed.
- There is to be no flash of any sort used during this event.
- All photos/videos taken must be for personal use, and USA Dance does not license anyone to take photos for resale or other means of compensation without a special permit issued by USA Dance Inc.
- Please note: Professional photographers/videographers, and approved members of the Press/News Media and Film Crews must have a special visibly-displayed permit from USA Dance Inc. to shoot from the floor and other areas in and outside of the ballroom. These permits will be issued only by USA Dance Public Relations.
The organizer reserves the right to expel any individual from the facility for unruly or unsportsmanlike behavior. Furthermore, competitors violating USA Dance rules, or who are guilty of misconduct or unsportsmanlike like behavior, will be disqualified from the competition and subject to disciplinary action. Those coaches, family members or spectators who exhibit unsportsmanlike behavior may be asked to leave the competition and no refund of any fees will be forthcoming.
IV. RESPONSIBILITY DISCLAIMER
No responsibility for loss or theft of articles left in changing rooms, ballrooms, hotel rooms, or other event facilities can be accepted by USA Dance. Nor can USA Dance be held liable for injury sustained by persons attending the event; it being hereby stated that persons attending the event do so at their own risk. All persons attending this event, whether as spectators, Athletes, officials, or guests of the organizer, shall be bound by the rules of USA Dance for those portions of the event sanctioned by the DanceSport Council. All Athletes may be subject to drug testing by the WDSF or USA Dance.